A little over nine years ago the World Trade Center came crashing down. Nostradamus logged two prophecies in 1556 and 1558 wherein he may have visualized these hollow mountains made by man collapsing into their own “tub-like” foundation 415 years before erection of the towers was completed in 1971. I finish the series with a few more passages from Chapter 7, Jihad Messiah, from my book Nostradamus and the Antichrist (click on Mabus).
At forty-five degrees latitude, the sky will burn,
Fire approaches the great new city.
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up,
When they want verification from the Normans [the French].
Garden of the world near the new city.
In the path of the hollow mountains:
It will be seized and plunged into a boiling cauldron,
Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.
The only great new city I could find built anno Domini Nostradamus at or near latitude 45 was new (Your) city. Back in 1983, I believed these quatrains described a nuclear attack, possible committed by terrorists rather than a thermonuclear exchange of US and Soviet missiles. I thought these highest towers of the World Trade Centery might be the same hollow mountains in his vision blown down to sulfur poisoned waters and ashes of a nuclear terrorist blast. A prophet alive in the time when the towers of man loomed no higher than the nearest town cathedral would marvel at the twin mountain-like skyscrapers climbing higher than all surrounding edifices in a vault of 110 acre-sized floors to a mountainous roof top perch at 1,368 feet, in the case of the South Tower. The huge antenna spire rising above the North Tower roof increased its ascent to 1,727 feet.
If this was about an attack on New York, I wrote in 1983, the final line of 6 Q97 made it clear the future countrymen of Nostradamus had seen it coming, tried to warn the US, and, while American contacts sought verification the attack came in, too late to prevent.
When I visited New York in 1994 I had dinner with the late author and parapsychologist Hans Holzer… [The previous year saw Islamic terrorist fail bring down the towers with a truck bomb.]
Holzer asked if he and his friends should leave New York, to which I answered, “No, but stay away from the Battery District [the southernmost tip of Manhattan Island where the World Trade Center looms]. Never go there. Ever. It is doomed.”
This message passed out of my mouth from a mysterious place within in a cool and deeper voice than I usually use. It was a warning as much for my attention as for his. I recall saying to Hans that the next time the terrorists attack the towers would definitely fall.
I recall telling him about the King of Terror prophecy, which I believed set the time of attack around July 1999, but it could be a little later — “2001 at the latest,” I added.
There’s no tape of our wine warmed conversation that night so this is the best my memory can recall. It echoes what I wrote the following year (1995) appearing in my examination of all of Nostradamus’ major prophecies in Nostradamus: The Complete Prophecies, later published in 1997:
- As suggested in 10 Q72, the terror of the Middle Eastern Antichrist comes from the skies (the heavens). Therefore this could mean that nuclear fires from the skies (from 10 Q72) will descend on the Western democratic powers, as early as July of 1999. (Commenting on 1 Q56, p. 114)
- In these quatrains Nostradamus may be hiding a warning of a future plague of world terrorism — mainly based in North Africa and the Middle East. The worst scenario, a handful of terrorist-sanctioning nations dragging the world into nuclear war as early as 1999…The Antichrist gets his support from Babel, an ancient name for modern Iraq. (2 Q30, pp.178-179)
- Nostradamus’ Third Antichrist has yet to be positively identified…What does come through clearly is the fact that this third and final Antichrist is not a prominent European leader…The man we know as Mabus may be some obscure future terrorist who, if he is not identified and restrained in time, will trigger World War III and the extinction of civilization as we have known it (2 Q62, p. 201).
- New York, the Vatican, or some other city is burned from the sky by the atmospheric explosion of a nuclear missile, or by the detonation of a terrorist atom bomb concealed in a hijacked airliner. In the mid-1990s Algerian terrorists hijacked a jet airliner, and had they not been overwhelmed by security forces while refueling at Marseilles, they would have continued on to Paris and detonated the jet’s 15 tons of air fuel in a huge fireball a few hundred feet over the center of the city. (2 Q81, p.215)
- The sky ignites into flames on the latitude near New York City. (p. 497).
- The next important transit of these planets in a fire sign was Mars in Sagittarius and Saturn in Aries in October 1997. During that year the comet Hale-Bopp will be in our skies. If armed conflict breaks out it will come as a reflection of the darker aspect of Sagittarius. Wars or terrorist raids inspired by, or reacting against, religious bigotry and a fanatic adherence to dogma and fundamentalism, would not be a surprise. (4 Q67, p. 350)
- By 1999, this terrorist from the land of “Baal” might wage war on Israel or its Western allies from the sky, either with a nuclear missile or a jet, which is loaded with plutonium dust, or chemical weapons that are detonated over a city. (10 Q72, p. 798)
- If 1999 passes without an Antichrist [attack], rather than easing our awareness we should sharpen it and use this reprieve from Armageddon to make the right decision today to forestall Armageddon in the 21st century. (Epistle, p. 616)
- Nostradamus foresaw the coming of three tyrants whom he called Antichrist. These men, he warned, could move mankind towards total world destruction sometime shortly after the year 2000. (1 Q60, p. 116)
- Other astrological prophecies point to the early years of the new century as a prime window for a climactic showdown with Islamic terrorists. (2Q2, p. 154)
At forty-five degrees latitude, the sky will burn…
Latitude calculations in Nostradamus’ time were somewhat inaccurate. The only great and new city built after he lived was New York City at a latitude just less than 41 degrees. When the fireball and smoke cleared around the North Tower, the world could see what the instantly obliterated Muhammad Atta piloting hijacked American Airlines Flight 11 at 466 miles per hour had done. There was a gaping hole in the north face of the tower in the jagged, headlong outline of wings and fuselage of a Boeing 757 airliner implanted at a 45-degree angle.
…Fire approaches the great new city…
The afterburners blazed behind two hijacked Boeing 757 and 767 airliners, American Airlines Flight 11 at 466 miles per hour and United Airlines Flight 175 at 545 miles per hour, rapidly approaching New York.
…Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up…
The fireballs issuing from both jets hurled into the towers were larger than the town in which Nostradamus lived and wrote this prophecy, Salon-en-Provence.
…When they want verification from the Normans [the French].
Back in 1983, I said this quatrain could only stand for a future nuclear or terrorist attack on New York City if Frenchmen warned Americans it was coming. A number of French newspapers, including Le Figaro, reported that on 10 September, French intelligence officers desperately tried to contact their opposites in the US Pentagon and CIA. French intelligence networks had a spike in email and phone traffic indicating an attack was imminent, either targeting the US Embassy in Paris or a shot at the United States homeland, by operatives of the terrorist organization known as al-Qaeda (Arabic for The Front).
On the following morning, 11 September, Pentagon staffers were trying to verify the claims when a Boeing 767 (American Airlines Flight 77) swooping in at grass-top level at 530 miles per hour drilled the western façade of the Pentagon building penetrating 310 feet through three office rings in eight-tenths of a second.
Now the lines of 10 Q49 pick up the prophecy:
Garden of the world near the new city…
You could decode this to read: Garden State (the motto of New Jersey) of the world (Trade Center) near the new (York) city.
…In the path of the hollow mountains…
They are the two towers. The second jet on its terminal approach of the South Tower flew directly over the underwater tunnel that guides the PATH Subway system to the World Trade Center from New Jersey.
…It will be seized and plunged into a boiling cauldron…
It, is the jet, or by extension, the two towers collapsing into the boiling cauldron of their own lunar-death colored fire and debris clouds to sit as smoldering rubble for months on end inside what architects and builders had coined “the tub” – an eight-story deep rectangular basement built watertight to keep out the Hudson River from flooding the subway systems of New York. The word Nostradamus used, cuue — spelled cuve in modern French — means cauldron or simply tub.
…Drinking by force the waters poisoned by sulfur.
This is where Nostradamus documented one of his alternative future time lines that fortunately did not incline towards the tub breaking and flooding the subway system. If it had, many tens of thousands of New Yorkers might have drowned in the poisoned debris filled floods. Rather than 30,000, the number sacrificed to a candidate who could be Third Antichrist was only a little over 3,000 people.
Nostradamus and the Antichrist, Code Named: MABUS
(15 September 2010)